Saturday 15 May 2010

Parklife - part 2

Hmmm, so there may be some kind of weird divine justice out there..

Remember the octogenarian hitting on me in the park? Well, today I had a bit of a better parklife experience. Maybe because of my new training gear? Maybe my currently relaxed outlook?

Anyway, I was running on the Heath when materialising in front of me is Dr Who! (wowowo - TARDIS noise in the background) Yep, Christopher Eccleston running, huffing and puffing, towards me.
Being a sad geek, I immediately emailed/texted/Facebooked far too many people. And it wasn't an issue of seeing a celebrity (Hampstead offers plenty), it was.. the Doctor! Ah, and BTW, for all those who asked, I did not run after him.

As my teenagery excitement wore off and my attention was once again concentrated on the blisters caused by new trainers, there he was again. We clearly went around opposite paths and ended up in the same place on the way back. And this time.. He smiled at me. Yep, the Doctor winked and smiled.
Move away Rose/Martha/Amy, here comes the new assistant. Ready to travel in time and space. To be whisked off to worlds far far away, to known pasts or futures yet to become. To live suspended between reality and imagination.
Sure at 900 he is kind of old, but he never ages and there is always the chance he regenerates in David Tennant. OK, that's just greedy.

So now you know. If I disappear for a while, I will be on the TARDIS, or running away from some crazy aliens who want to blow up planet Earth.

Byeeeeeeeeee

1 comment:

  1. Now if it was David Tennant..I'd be very impressed. Just discovered your blog, very funny!

    ReplyDelete