Tuesday 3 May 2011

Officially odd

In case additional evidence was needed, it is 
now scientifically proven that I am weird. 
Very weird.
 
What do people do on their birthdays? 
Celebrate? Get drunk? Eat too much sugar?
Have parties? Presents? Cards?
 
What do I do? I wake up in the middle of the
night with the urgent need to update my will. 
Yes, I got up, dug it out, and set out to 
rewrite it, when I realised that the latest 
version was dated May 3, 2006. I had the exact 
same idea five years ago!! 
 
Is this some kind of back-handed celebration of life? The Thanathos/Eros battle?
Or just pure and simple OCD? Control of life, control of death. No idea. 
I do know that the past year has been massively odd. So it is only fair to end
it in the same style. 
 
Now, it is time for a new chapter.
 
Happy Birthday to me.

1 comment:

  1. that sounds like a very constructive thing to do - look forward to a more conventional celebration later!

    ReplyDelete