Thursday 14 July 2011

(Crimes and) Misdemeanors‏

Forgive me, sister, for I have sinned..

Being raised catholic comes with a base-line luggage of guilt. No matter what you do, you are most certainly doing something wrong. Feel bad about it? So you should. And hold tight, as punishment is most certainly on its way.

Indeed, the other day mine was around the corner. Literally.

It all started out very innocently. In a moment of solidarity, I shared my food with a fellow human being. Someone I know, not a random bloke off the street. Nothing wrong. Except, as he smiled thanking me, I couldn't help but notice how cute he was. 'Very cute', I kept thinking as I walked down the road. 'Really cute', as I directed my feet straight into a junction. A massive junction. With a big red traffic light. That I missed, thinking about the cute guy. So, to avoid being reduced to a pulp by shooting cars, I had to invert my course, and go round and round the crossing. Stuck at repeatedly insistent red lights. In the rain. Heavy rain. Trousers wet, up to my knees. Heels soaked. Vintage Armani jacket ruined.

When I finally got to the underground, someone thought that activating the passenger alarm and keeping a whole train on a platform for 20 minutes was a hilarious thing to do. At that point, I figured out that I ought to snap out of my thoughts of cuteness in order to save the day. But it was too late, as I had already missed my rail connection. Which led to being late for a call. And pissing people off. And having to apologise for my actions.. There you go, cosmic justice being enforced.

Now, don't say I didn't warn you..

No comments:

Post a Comment