Friday 1 July 2011

Of Paris, friends and French men - an old post I forgot to upload‏

In a moment of bright optimism, Smart Friend and I decided to spend the night in Paris on the back of a business trip. The evening was perfectly rounded up by Male Friend #2, now a fashionable resident dans la Ville Lumiere, who joined us for dinner. (BTW, I missed you!)

A rapid summary.

Smart Friend and I got propositioned twice in the space of 10 minutes. The second time with some very explicit hand gestures. (Because, yes, let's face it, one is very likely to give head to a random bloke walking down Saint Germain de Pres!)

There is life outside London. And pretty cool restaurants too. (Of course, I had to duck under the skirt of the giant sculpture in the middle of the room, just because it was there and looked like a fun thing to do.. And because, as MF#2 noticed after one of my clumsy stunts, some things never change)

In Paris it is not enough to express a simple preference for either still or sparkling water. Oh no. You need to be precise and specify the exact amount of bubble. Smart Friend and I felt like two country bumpkins. Maybe distracted by the cute young waiter, who, according to MF#2, was also waaay too smiley in our direction. (As if..)

The last weeks may have been tough for me, but the care and attention my family and friends gave me are unbeatable. So, I am smiling too. (Not to French men, though. Too dangerous)

No comments:

Post a Comment