Wednesday 23 March 2011

Elizabeth Taylor - random blog post

Oh my.. I just looked over the shoulder of the guy sitting next to me on the train to read on his newspaper that Elizabeth Taylor died today.
Who cares? I care. Well, in a very wide sense, I care. Because, you see, in the past year I found myself quoting, yes, quoting, Ms Taylor a strangely high number of times. With eight (eight? Not sure, didn't read the full article, the owner wasn't interested and turned the page too quickly) marriages behind her, she is the EI queen bee, the model of all EI behaviour. My role model? OK, now we are taking it a little too far.

Although.. You have to admire the courage, the persistence, the relentless optimism. The insane belief that next time it will be better, that it will be worth it. That, despite opposing circumstances, two people who are meant for each other will eventually be together. Hmmm.. I know, I am not very convincing.. I am not even persuading myself here. I am back sitting on the fence these days. Not taking a stance on the pros and cons of love. It has to be said, though, one most certainly needs to be slightly deranged to fall in love. Not afraid of risk, of gambling. Of losing, or, more scarily, of winning. And to do it so many times.. Respect.

So, goodbye, Elizabeth Taylor. You gave me some good words I cannot remember anymore. Good words you couldn't live by. Will I?
PS
On a very different note: can someone please hijack Donald Trump's head and cut all is hair off?? It is embarrassing to even look at..

No comments:

Post a Comment