Wednesday 13 October 2010

Habla con ella

One good thing about being an EI: people tend to open up. Maybe because I rarely say 'I told you so', or cringe, or pass judgement, or look smug. Au contraire.
How could I? With my incompetence?
Of course, these days I often have to sign a confidentiality agreement before private conversations, but you have heard about this already.

I read somewhere that one of the signs of approaching middle age is the increasing number of divorces in your circle, accompanied by a decreasing number of weddings. This year, with two (possibly three) friends saying 'I do', and only one saying 'I don't anymore, sorry', I am still being kept young.
So, do it for me, carry on falling in love, have babies, embark on impossible love affairs. And if you do split up, find somebody else pronto. Don't stop hoping.

And tell me all about it. Because I don't want to stop either.
PS
To TF (you know who you are): you are amazing and so strong you can shape your own happiness, whatever way you decide to go. I love you and will always be your support group. As you are mine. Crying is good at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment