Thursday 8 July 2010

Hanging on the telephone

Driin, drriiinn, drrrrriiiiiinnnnn
EI: hello?
Friend with Boyfriend: hi honey, where are you?
EI: ehm, at home, where you called me. In the kitchen with a cup of coffee to be precise
FB: oh, that's not your mobile, then.. Anyway, you are back, finally!
EI: I am indeed, and working again too
FB: oh no, so you won't be available for lunch and drinks like before?
EI: unlikely, but I can try..
FB: so what about, let me check my diary, hang on, one second, here it is, hold on.. Hmmm, this week is a bit of a nightmare, next week.. I've got Tuesday evening. Would it work?
EI: I am afraid not. How's Thursday instead?
FB: ugly, ugly, ugly. Has to be the week after. Shall we say Monday?
EI: Monday it is. Will call you to arrange, OK?
FB: wonderful! Bye bye, my darling
Click

Beeep
BBerry messenger text from FB: hey, honey, did we say Monday?
EI: yep
FB: sorry sorry sorry, don't hate me, can't do
EI: OK, when then?
FB: Thu?
EI: cool, Thu it is
FB: :* u r great

Vibration
Email from FB: hello, how are you? How's the new job going? Are we still OK for Thursday? Where would you like to go? Where shall we meet? I am not eating carbs these days and wouldn't really want to drink. Maybe we should go to the cinema. Do you know what is on near your place? Let me know xxx
Email back from me (with a certain sense of exhaustion): hi there, I am fine, thank you. The new job is still new, so very good. I have checked the cinema and unless you want to see SATC2 again (which would imply me committing suicide by jumping from the cinema gallery and being impailed on a cocktail stick) there isn't much really. Theatre? Let me know xxx

Beep
FB: what if we go for a walk on the Heath?
EI: shall we do a weekend then?
FB: yes, awesome, Sat?
EI: yes, Sat morning is free, 10?
FB: oh no :(( 12?
EI: 12 it is
FB: love u xxxx

Driiin
FB: this is your mobile, right?
The Man: sorry, who is this?
FB: oh dear, so sorry, is she in?
(The Man, covering the speaker: one of your slightly deranged friends..)
EI: hello?
FB: you should really give me your mobile number again..
EI: there, just sent you a text
FB: got it! Perfect! So, where shall we meet on Sunday?
EI: you mean Saturday?
FB: no, I mean Sunday. I am flying back from Madrid on Saturday
EI: aaahhhh, you said Saturday, I am busy on Sunday!!
FB: I knew it! You just started working and you are already forgetting about me. I had so much to tell you..
Click

Whatever news she had, I guess that's a story you will have to wait to hear..

No comments:

Post a Comment