Monday 19 July 2010

Modern life is rubbish

Oh oh, grumpy alert...

Sorry, I don't mean to be negative. I am just shattered. Trying to do too many things, seeing too many people, writing too many emails, while, well, working again. I have always been criticised for my rubbish work/life balance. So my new solution to the problem is to just cram everything into each day. And today my head was spinning so fast I could hardly get out of bed.

Married Friend #1 didn't seem very surprised. She doesn't like my 'all or nothing' approach, and desperately tries to keep me on a healthy route. Com'on, since when do EI's do moderation??

And yet, I dream of retiring in a little house by the sea, with books, chocolate and friends to visit. And the web, of course. And music. No fancy clothes, no designer handbags (yep, promise, would give them up), no power struggles, no commuting, no decorating, no antiques, no fancy furniture. Just sea, sun and, well, yes, lots of sex. Which makes me wonder: what's the point of retiring when you are old?

Yes, you are right, hardly a revelation. I will go back to my desk now..

3 comments:

  1. To Twin Friend: almost to prove my point, you called while I was on the train writing this. I am so sorry for sounding like a jackass. I could hardly hear you, but did not want to let go of you. Can you forgive me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear EI, why should you follow a boring path to boredom? Live fast, die young, have fun. Don't listen to what people tell you. Everybody has an agenda. Just be what you want to be. Although you probably need to ask yourself: do you know what you want to be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a very good question, my anonymous friend. And one I would love to be able to answer.
    I am therefore planning a little retreat to write my very own marketing plan to life. You know, positioning, objectives, key drivers, issues, and, super scary stuff, a SWOT!!
    Anybody fancy joining me?

    ReplyDelete