Thursday 9 September 2010

Paranoid android

As you may have guessed from my previous post, I annoyed a friend with my paranoid EI behaviour. How silly of me. I know. One day I will hopefully learn to shut up, or at least to tailor my words to my audience (which is ironic, as targeting audiences with the appropriate copy is actually my job). Two nights of sleeping over it, and 20 cigarettes later, I hope of being slightly wiser. Although I don't play golf, will I learn from my mistakes? As they say, watch this space.

Most importantly, though, something slightly magical happened yesterday. On top of my paranoia-induced scuff, I am also having a couple of long and rubbish weeks at work, and some other sad bits going on. So, while sitting at my desk feeling sorry for myself (self pity being one of my specialities), I thought I could really do with a friend. And, bzzzz, a text arrives from Antipodean Friend #1 asking me to join her for dinner on Friday. Followed by an email from Single Friend #2 for drinks. And a message from English Rose for cocktails. Emails from Twin Friend, Married Friend #1 and Writer Friend to share and understand our worries. I even got hold of Best Friend on the phone, after weeks of chasing each other. While the ever so evasive Male Friend #3 called me from a plane about to take off. And, finally, Male Friend #2 kept me company via messenger while I was up until late to finish some work.

So, for a few minutes, I shall put my paranoia aside and dedicate this little illiterate blog to all my friends. Near and far away. Angry or sad. Happy or disappointed. Thank you for being you. And sorry for being a bit difficult at times. I am trying.

2 comments:

  1. so, this is the right time, place and chance to invite you for a drink, next, someday, somewhere in London :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a pleasure, my friend, always a pleasure :)

    ReplyDelete