Monday 20 September 2010

Shout (let it all out) - Part 2

Second discovery. Life cannot always be all bells and whistles.
And this is a tough one for a firecracker.

There are times when you need to learn to chill out, accept your environment, keep calm and carry on. Being yourself, while at the same being able to channel your energy, to modulate it in order to avoid the emotional tsunami effect. In life, like in business, going out there shouting 'hey, here I am, and I am wonderful', is no longer enough to have success. You have to listen, to pick up signs, to understand what is required to fill a need. While being your best, fun, unique self. Easy, uh?

Maybe I have ahead of me one or two quiet years. Not bad, not revolutionary, just fine. And instead of fretting, looking for the next Big Bang, I shall stay put, make the most of these calmer times, make space for friends, for myself, for what/whom I love, and take it easy.
To do so, and this is a first, I have actually questioned my behaviour. And didn't go from feeling the most amazing creature on earth to completely worthless. I just set myself some personal goals (aaahhhh, how did that happen???), and now I am trying to live by them.

I do have a favour to ask, though. Can someone please let me know if I start to become boring? That is not a good look.

No comments:

Post a Comment