Sunday 14 February 2010

The emotionally incompetent - Let's get started

On a day like today, when supermarkets sell heart-patterned vegetable bags (true, I have seen it with my own eyes), it is only fair to ask yourself.. what the hell is this all about?

If you feel slightly doubtful on how to navigate the high seas of modern day romance, or if you are just curious to hear how some of us try and deal with these complex shenanigans, come and join the circle, hang around, speak up or just eavesdrop, if so you fancy.

I will start.

Hi, I am Ms EI and I am emotionally challenged.

Yep, another neurotic woman talking about her feelings.
Except.. except.. first of all, you cannot be sure I am a woman - there could be a big hairy trucker behind this computer screen.
Second, I have seen the light.
Yes, I have, my friends. I have seen the light. And what I saw can be disclosed to women, men, anybody who happens to share the same inadequacies in the heart department.
I am totally f-up. I have no idea on how to handle relationships. No clue about love, lust and all that jazz.
Seriously. I know nothing. Nothing.
And that's the light I have seen. I finally, deeply acknowledge the fact that I am totally clueless. And man, does it feel good.
I am sure most of you have had the odd bad days, when everything appeared to go pear-shaped, when your man/woman seemed to have had enough of you, when you had enough of them.
Those days when relationships look like the stupidest thing ever devised by human beings.
However, I dare you not only to admit of being incapable, but to live by it.
To stop advising your friends. To stop trying to convince this handsome sexy man/woman that you are the man/woman of their life. To stop dreaming idiotic romantic happy endings. To stop watching idiotic romantic movies. To stop fantasizing about a reality that does not belong to you. To stop checking your emails every 15 minutes; your phone; his/her Facebook status.

If you are an alcoholic, you quit drinking, full stop. If you are a loveholic, you should do the same.
Stop, now. Right now.

Can you do it?
Give it a shot.

Ooohh, how does it feel?

2 comments:

  1. I can't do it, but if I could I would feel simply great! It's nice not see I'm not the only one who saw the light...but till now I can just blame evolution theory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, my Anonymous friend, one can only try.. And blame Mr Charles in the process. He's dead and doesn't really care..

    ReplyDelete