Wednesday 24 February 2010

Let's get physical

Having survived the girly day I had yesterday (and in case you are wondering, the post has mysteriously disappeared), I am back to my normal self. Even better, my handy self.
I am spending the rest of the week building furniture. Well, I am mainly helping out the carpenter, unloading crates, cleaning wood, carrying pieces of wardrobes around, drilling doors in place. I have already managed to hurt my knuckles and my back is not exactly in top form, but I am in a fantastic mood and having a lot of fun! And at night I am sleeping like a baby.
It is amazing how a smart-ass brainy city EI like me can benefit from some good old physical activity. More so, proper handy work with a purpose: to build something with your own tiny fingers. Just concentrating on the job (mainly to avoid chopping one's extremities off) and letting everything else slip by.

This much I have learned today: every now and again, get over yourself, and do something useful. Everything will slot into prospective.

4 comments:

  1. Something really useful? go jogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Especially for the orthopedists in the area...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I don't know... Sometimes "useful" can be simply defined as giving yourself a break. Not a break to build furniture or a break to go jogging but a true break... The kind that says, "I'm only human and sometimes I'm gonna screw up and it will be big." Getting it "right" all the time is way over-rated. Further, we all define "right" for ourselves. So, give yourself a break and live what's in front of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. MizzJudged, I love your attitude. Especially because when I screw up, it is always BIG!

    ReplyDelete