Thursday 25 February 2010

Skinny legs

Last night I went to a gig where the audience were unexpectedly young. Very young. Painfully young. But what caught my attention was that all the guys looked the same. Seriously, they were all skinny, generally not too tall, with either a beard or glasses, or both. Several wore checked shirts (yes, really), all sported drainpipes and the same indie-but-also-preppy intellectual look.. My fault for liking an 80s-inspired disco band, I suppose.

But, overall, it made me smile. A lot. For two reasons.
One, it reminded me of my own late teens-early 20s, of all the boys I liked or went out with who looked exactly like that.
Two, it reminded me of my eternal dilemma between skinny guys and broad-shouldered men.
I am boring in the way that I have a type. Actually two types, very different types, at either end of the spectrum, Ryan Adams vs Johnny Wilkinson. But more of that another time.

Actually, it also reminded me of English Rose, who likes 'pretty boys'. She would have had a field day!
Tomorrow is just a song away, song away, song away..

No comments:

Post a Comment