Saturday 6 March 2010

In Bloom

Finally spring is poking its head out. All the signs are here. The sun is warmer, the birds are singing, you can smell something different in the air, a general friskiness is around.
And indeed, while I was sitting inside writing, Single Friend #1 was out there falling in love.
After a week of phone tagging, she finally reached me and dragged me out of my self-sorriness for a coffee in the sun.
The first thing I notice when I see her is that she looks gorgeous. What is it about falling in love and pulchritude? And I don't think she was just making an effort in case she met him. She was actually glowing: perfect skin, ear-to-ear smile, oozing pheromones.

The liaison is still fairly new. Although she knew him before, she locked eyes with Sexy Guy over budget projections and pie charts at a boring off site team building event. Since then, as per modern dating etiquette, a deluge of SMS, emails and Instant messaging. In full excitement, she showed me some of the correspondence: woah, if he is as sexy as he writes, she is in for a ride! We will soon find out, as she is going on a proper date tonight. Hence the summit: what to wear? SF#1 is not one for showing much flesh. I have seen her entering a shower with a dressing gown on (well almost.. but she wouldn't take it off until safely away from my eyes). Which I guess is semi appropriate on a first date. But the 'dare you not touch me', shapeless top she took out of one of her shopping bags was just out of question. As was the leather dress coming out of another bag! Most certainly a momentary lapse of reason. My hopes were resting with the third bag, and, as I looked inside, bingo, she nailed it. Lovely grey dress, right length, right tightness, right cleavage, just perfect.
With the dress sorted out, we just had to worry about shoes, tights, underwear, bag, jewelry, hair, nails..
Jee, I had forgotten how time consuming dating is!

No comments:

Post a Comment