Tuesday 23 March 2010

Reasons to be cheerful

One late night, English Rose, Male Friend #2 and I ended up listing the things in life that make us happy.
There were some commonalities (although, by definition, English Rose was quite judicious and contained) and some surprises.

I am not sure I remember them all, but here are some of mine (in no particular order):
- freedom
- The Man smiling as soon as he opens his eyes first thing in the morning
- Best Friend
- my mum being healthy and super strong


- Married Friend #1's surprise email saying that she loves me
- my team taking the lead and making me feel redundant
- Single Friend #2 holding my hand in a taxi because I am upset
- my niece and
my friends' children- The Cat- strangers offering their seat on the underground
- pizza
- walking on the Heath on my own
- fresh bed linens
- a well executed job
- adverts at the cinema
- Annie Hall
- Chanel
- staring at the sea
- BlackBerry instant messenger
- crossing London Bridge with Male Friend #1 after a long day at work
- a funny joke
- aubergine parmigiana
- silly dances in the kitchen
- sleeping for more than four hours
- breakfast in bed
- Capri
- 30 Rock
- making silly lists with Male Friend #2 and English Rose.

1 comment: