Thursday 18 March 2010

Anyone can play guitar

OK, this is becoming worrying and quite problematic. Not to mention embarrassing. I have started air guitaring in public!

Until the heritage of my Heavy Metal days was confined to the safety of my house, with only The Man smiling in the background, it was just about acceptable. A bit of head banging has never hurt anyone (any adults, at least). But this, this is just.. bad!
I was on an escalator, when I noticed a few people in the opposite direction staring or doing a double take. The penny only dropped when this teenage girl looked at me and actually laughed out loud.

Is it an age thing, this loss of inhibitions? This, 'who gives a damn' attitude? Is this why the 80-year old hit on me? Because I am turning into a frumpy old lady without even noticing?

No, no, no, time to fight back!
So, in an attempt to channel this juvenile/senile habit into my good old rock'n'roll self, I am starting guitar lessons again. Yep, my old friend has just arrived from one my past lives, and is now sitting in my room. Soon, the posters will be up on the wall and I will start wearing again black, and no nothing else but black.
Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. TOTALLY COOL! In my opinion, you are living in the moment. I don't think it has anything to do with age unless you're willing to admit that as you get older, you are feeling more self-assured, more self-confident, more beautiful, more sexy, more everything AND you truly just don't give a damn what other people think! That's true love for yourself and I'm all about that.

    A frumpy old lady? Really? Have frumpy old ladies started playing air guitar and I missed it? Are there many frumpy old women, other than Maxine on the Hallmark greeting cards, that truly don't give a damn? I don't know... Perhaps you're living who you really are and loving it!

    Have fun with the guitar lessons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, MizzJudged! I am more than happy to believe that I am becoming more of all of the above. And yes, I am having a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete