Friday 16 April 2010

That cold black cloud is comin' down

Stranded. Scattered around the world, under a surreally silent sky.

Male Friend #2 is stuck in Thailand, locked up in his hotel room, trying to avoid the political uprising. He sounded so miserable, poor thing. Resist, my friend, you will be home soon.

To add insult to injury, Single Friend #1 gave up her emergency pick-me-up weekend. I foresee a trip around her place with a massive bottle of vodka. Head sore already, just thinking about it.

Lovely Friend had to say adiĆ³s to his Spanish holiday.. pesky volcano, you upset him!

Married Friend #2 is obliged to slow down for a couple of days. Work commitments cancelled, she is left to make the most of some quality time with her husband. I hope her BlackBerry is reminding her of her marital duties (duties? Tasks? Contractual obligations? Perks?).

I know it can’t be seen, but I can feel it. I can feel the cloud over my head.
Inside my head? Thoughts muddled up? Hmmm, not sure. More a tidal wave that comes and goes. And when it goes it is all clear and lucid. When it comes, it hits you like a bus. I like the clarity; I like the bus.

Reading back, yes, this is an odd post. Maybe the cloud is closer than it seems.

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post, Ms EI.
    The last couple of paragraphs made my day, weekend, and week.
    Long live the cloud over your head, and may you be hit by countless buses (in the sweetest sense)!

    ReplyDelete